This visa is available to citizens of countries that have a work and holiday arrangement with Australia and is designed to improve and enhance cultural understanding. The visa is granted for a period of 12 months from the date the visa holder enters Australia.
What are the criteria?
Applicants for a subclass 462 visa must:
- be at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
- not be with a dependent child while in Australia
- have enough money to support themselves (about $5000)
- have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket
- have not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
- meet the educational requirements
- have functional English
- have a letter of support from their government (except applicants from the USA)
- meet character and health requirements
- be a genuine visitor.
Applicants can apply for this visa if they hold a passport from:
Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Iran, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, United States of America, Uruguay.